How to Select a Blog Name - Video Tutorial
Do you want to start a blog but aren't sure where to start? Here I'll walk you through 4 Easy Steps to Start a Blog and give you tips along the way.
I enjoy blogging for a variety of reasons --
- Blogging is a wonderful outlet for my creativity.
- I've learned to be a better cook as blogging extends my culinary abilities.
- I'm a better photographer thanks to what I've learned through blogging.
- Blogging provides a regular income for my family.
- I've made some amazing friends online though blogging.
- I've helped my readers with educational printables, easy recipes, and ideas for family fun. Their encouragement keeps me going and keeps me connected with an awesome online community!
Want to join me in this incredible world of online connections and get started blogging? Well, here's a tutorial to help you get started.
Step 1 to Start a Blog: Select a Blog Name
Before you start blogging you want to consider what you'd like to blog about. Think about your strengths and passions. What motivates you, what gets your wheels turning with creativity? Jot down those ideas and start crafting a name for your blog from your favorites. You want the name of your blog to reflect who you are and what the blog will be about. Once you've brainstormed a few ideas, check the availability of the name at Knowem.com.
To check the potential blog name, type your idea (without the .com) into the field that says "enter name here" then click "check it". Scroll down to see if the .com is available and what social media channels are available. This will also tell you if the name is too long for Pinterest, Facebook or other forms of social media.
You can use Knowem.com to register your new name on a bunch of sites, but I don't think it's worth it. Just click on each icon and Knowem will send you to that social media outlet where you can register the name yourself. Of course, you'll need to sign up for Web Hosting and secure the domain name before you do this, but at least now you know if it's available and if it's the right length for most social media outlets.
Watch the Video for even more step-by-step detail.
In the next section I've added a free printable worksheet for brainstorming and mind mapping your blog topic and blog name ideas. Enjoy!